Monday, September 04, 2006

Wexx Studio

MomDadStudioLoRes
"To Begin" by Wes Aldridge

Today it begins. I moved into a photo studio/apartment today... Wexx Studio it shall be called.

Some of my greatest friends, Matt and Scooter, came and pitched in a big hand. Thanks fellas. But, as usual, it was mom and dad who came up to be the ultimate moving crew.

This was the end of the move in. I conned the two of them into posing by the awesome brick wall that will become a cornerstone of Wexx Studio. Dad, looking proudly into my lens, all decked out in his Georgia Bulldogs gear. Mom, looking off to the side at the miles of boxes that need to be unpacked. These are good people. They're the kind of folks that volunteer to help you move on a holiday weekend and don't complain about it. Good hard working, honest people that will put a barrel of elbow grease in, even after they've got nothing left to give. I wanted them to look in this shot exactly how they looked, no frills and prepping. I wanted to show that. I love them like nothing else.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great shot. Lovely parents. I always appreciate seeing parents going above and beyond for their children, to show their love, no matter how old their kids get. Especially when they do it with such grace. Kudos to them. Kudos to the new place too.

Anonymous said...

mom says----------------I don't know what to say. Pretty bad and tired looking crew--mom anyway. Next time, let me get ready!!!!!!--Oh well, you got it the way you wanted it. Unconditional love to ya!!!!!!!----fa

susanne said...

Hey, it's really great that you are in your new studio!
I wish you much inspiration there and always the feeling being creative "as hell"...

The photo of your parents is expressive and it's courageous - shooting them without "frills and prepping" as you say is a great documentation of the special moment when work is finished and everybody has own feelings and thoughts about that.
I like the photo very much!

Anonymous said...

And good for them to raise a son who loves and appreciates them so much.

My wife went to Georgia and will love this photo of your dad all decked out in UGA gear when I show it to her.

Great shot.

Anonymous said...

Wes....You never fail to amaze me with your goodness and kindness especially about your family and those you love.I am very proud of you as my son because you have no hang ups about expressing yourself in such a sensitive subject.I am so pleased that a man can express himself so freely and straight from the heart.By the way,I like your new place and I am glad you are so excited with it.Remember,if it is Gods' will,we will always be there for you and all our children.We love all our children more than words or tears will ever express.