Thursday, July 06, 2006

On Assignment: Corpus Christi, the rain keeps pourin'

jellies1LoRes
"Alien" by Wes Aldridge

The rain fell like a sonuvabitch today. It was yet another gross day for exterior photography, and folk that just wanted to stay dry in general. Enough of that, you get the picture.

I did get to shoot at an aquarium, though. I love doing this. You can really create artistic and photojournalistic pictures in these beautiful places. And if you could have watched me walk through the place, it was pretty funny. I would become mesmerized by beautiful tarpon and angel fish and stand in awe side-by-side with groups of young children. I find these places incredible, just like a child does.

Anyway, this is kind of an abstract shot of some jellyfish floating about in a tank. I stayed and stared at these forever, it seemed. Its as if they were a fluid part of the water. Beautiful and very mysterious.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Wes, that's an awesome shot! They're jellyfish right? I know I've already told you this about them looking crazy in a tank w/a black or colored light behind them ... but could you manipulate this photograph and put some sort of crazy color behind them? What would that do? Hope you're feeling better today and as always gnarly shot!

susanne said...

Wes, what a surprise:
Your new shots are so artistic and breathtaking!
I love that photo too... honestly said: Can't stop looking at it...

Anonymous said...

wes,this is a unique shot.It looks like something out of a scifi movie.You are truly awesome.