Sunday, September 04, 2005

Studio or Campsite?

OffLoRes
"Off" by Wes Aldridge

Well, we had to travel to a nearby family friend's home to get the blog up tonight because the cottage we are staying in doesn't have a phone line. We are about 30 miles from camp right now in Mentone, Alabama. Oh yeah, it was uploaded by a dial-up modem tonight too. I am just glad its up now.

This shot is, of course, a bottle of Off! insect repellant. I think it is pretty killer though. I didn't do this shot in the studio. Nope, it was done on the picnic table outside of the cottage. I put a fairly bright flashlight behind the translucent bottle and it lit it pretty nicely. I shot it with the 50mm f/1.8 and washed over it with a 550EX flash. I think a person could believe it was shot in the studio and given that rustic look. But no, it was just some fun while having some Evan Williams around the campfire with the fam.

No comments: