Sunday, March 06, 2005

Elvis on Broadway


"Viva NashVegas" by Wes Aldridge

Not much to say here. I needed a shot, and I went to Broadway and yep, you guessed it... I saw Elvis.

In the opinion of someone, this shot seems to look like a painting. Almost like the way this subject was shot, it starts to look like a 2-D object. But Elvis was very 3-D in person, or statue. He stands on Legends Corner, honky-tonk central, in downtown Nashville to greet all the passers-by.

Big Boss Man, this one is for you. Viva NashVegas and Hot Sauce from the King.

3 comments:

susanne said...

Thank you for your nice answer!I will keep coming back to your weblog.

A good photographer needs intuition...to express, what the moment tells...
I think, you have a feeling for that.
What do you think about it?

Perhaps you would like to have a look at my site. I photograph since a long time, "by heart".
At saturday I fotographed the first time digital.

Greetings, Susanne

Anonymous said...

wes----very unusual photo.I thought Elvis had left the building!!! dad

Wes Aldridge said...

Susanne: My mentor told me once that I had "The Eye" for photography. That is the intuition you speak of. She told me it is not something you can learn. You must be born with it. I hope that I am that lucky to have been born with it. And yes, send me a message with the link to your site. I will look at it too!