Sunday, January 16, 2005

True Nashville


"TN Tone Boys" by Wes Aldridge

Every Wednesday and Sunday night, Harry Fontana and the Tennessee Tone Boys gig at Robert's Western World on Broadway, and tonight was a great night to be there. These guys are what great Nashville music is all about. Their style is Rockabilly Boogie and their show is truly exciting. With blazing fast guitar licks, extremely dry onstage humor and a singer from Helsinki, Finland, what is there not to love about Harry Fontana?

This shot was taken with the flip screen of a camcorder in the foreground, handheld at 1/25 of a second at f/4.5, giving the background a nice blur while still being able to make out it is a man and a guitar.

At first I thought the light balance of the foreground and background was a little bit off and I wish I would have had the opportunity to bounce a little fill flash from an umbrella. But the more I thought about it, I came to my senses and realized the dramatic effect the sharp lighting contrast gave the shot. It really sums up the atmosphere of that moment in time. It was truly Nashville.

No comments: