Wednesday, February 21, 2007

On Assignment: Jacksonville, North Carolina

PierUnderlores
I went to a local beach called Surf City this afternoon to get this shot. I mounted the D2X on a tripod and did a long timed exposure using my cable release. The water moving in the frame ended up looking like foggy glass. I like it.

I went to a local beach called Surf City this afternoon to get this shot. I mounted the D2X on a tripod and did a long timed exposure using my cable release. The water moving in the frame ended up looking like foggy glass. I like it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this photo--it sort of looks eerie, you know? Like some murder mystery or something--good job--the day wasn't wasted after all, due to inclement weather!!!!---fa

susanne said...

I like it too!!!

At the first moment I thought of the rackabones of a whale... and I felt reminded of the story of "Jonas und der Wal". Do you know it?

It's a very mysterious and beautiful shot...

susanne said...

I've found a link to the story of Jonas, but I'm sorry: It's only in German.

http://209.85.129.104/search?q=cache:Wl_88BSUKd4J:www.kirche-harsefeld.de/jona/ninive.html+Jonas+und+der+Wal&hl=de&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=de&client=firefox-a

Anonymous said...

THAT IS THE BEST PHOTO YOU HAVE EVER TAKEN!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wes....The shots just keep getting better and better!!! This is amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!