Thursday, January 18, 2007

Shake

handshake
"Hands" by WExX

This is a shot I did in the studio today. I needed some kind of art to illustrate a story about business and schools in a partnership for learning. Well, a child's hand shaking the hand of a businessman is what I came up with.

Its really more complicated of a photo than it looks to be. It took four lights to get this one like this. The background was originally black, so I put a purple gel on it and shot it at an angle to make a color gradient. I really like how the pattern worked in it. Then, I shot a light onto the back of the hands to make a slight halo effect on them. Lastly, I positioned two silver-lined umbrellas at 45-degree angles to the subject for main lights.

Anyway, I think it looks alright.

2 comments:

susanne said...

I like this shot...

Anonymous said...

Wes...A very unusual shot.I really like the colors,they are beautiful.