Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Yummy

Eyetalian
"Eye-talian" by Wexx

Well, I rarely post food shots, but I like this one. I don't think its a master work or anything like that, but it was a breath of fresh air for me.

I went to this restaurant to do the shot at about 8:30 p.m. tonight and worked on it until 10:30 p.m. I shot it all kinds of different ways, but I like this one the best I used two umbrella lights off to the sides of the table and let in massive amounts of ambient light with about a 20-second long exposure. The most fun part of it was light painting with a cheap-ass flashlight and a cylinder of paper wrapped around it to limit light from spilling all over the scene. You really can't tell a big difference with the light painting, but I had an incredibly fun time being super meticulous with it.

I needed to do something like this assignment. I was about to my wits end with photography, to be honest. My creativity and passion is just kinda fading or something. I can't let that happen. Gotta keep on going with it. I think my assignments have just been pretty ruff here lately and really gotten me down. But, I can't let it overcome me. This one was just a normal, monotonous assignment that I said, "fuck it," and made an interesting time for myself.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Casa Calabria?

Wes Aldridge said...

per your recommendation...

Anonymous said...

maybe you should take more food photos. Makes me hungry. Good photo---fa

Dorion Rose said...

Wes,
I sorry to hear your having a 'passion block.' I've been reading your blog for over a year now and I think your quite talented. I'm and amateur photohack with no formal training but I love the zone I fall into when I have my camera. I keep your site prominently bookmarked for inspiration