Thursday, July 20, 2006

A Kiss Is A Kiss

027LoRes
"Stealin' Some Sugar" by Wes Aldridge

028LoRes
"The Reaction" by Wes Aldridge

I am actually in beautiful Ft. Collins, Colorado, shooting an assignment this week. I don't feel like posting anything I've shot from here. But I feel like sharing and I go to some recent photos. Again I post some of the B&W shots from our family mountain getaway. I keep coming back to these shots as I feel more comfortable to share them with you. These photographs are among the most precious possessions of mine. They are memories of beautiful times where the whole world stands still, the times that I shared with the ones that mean the most to me. We don't see Spain or Italy or France, but plane tickets to far away places couldn't bring about moments like the ones captured in the frames above from the mountains of Georgia.

My parents, two very animated and lively folks, always show their hearts. They aren't concerned who is watching. They breathe in deeply the sweet breath of life... and live it.

"Stealin' Some Sugar." I think that to be an appropriate title. My sweet mother, out of the blue, lunged at my father and stole a kiss from him. In the following frame my mother adjusts her too-cool Aviator shades (very proud of what she so stealthily accomplished) and laughs a joyful laugh as my father reacts oh so silly to the unexpected flirtation. They are such hams, you couldn't possibly understand until you've stayed a weekend in the Aldridge home in Tunnel Hill, Georgia. And if you haven't, well, I sure they would welcome you, because folk like us don't meet too many strangers.

I can't look at the last three photos I have posted with dry eyes. These are our memories, immortalized. There must be something special about catching a moment. Once again, the light capturing box has served me well.

6 comments:

AG said...

Reminds me of a shot I took of my parents. Not mindblowing to the passer by, but so very special to me.

Thanks for sharing.

susanne said...

I understand very well that these photos belong to your most precious possessions: They are so lively and really wonderful memories!
And I like again your heartfelt and warm narrative: Believe it or not but my heart is touched too by it...

Anonymous said...

Wes,
Your parents are beautiful. Makes me sad mine arent married and never had that kind of amazing affection for one another, that I saw. I will have to change the family history.

Anonymous said...

Wesley Bo, Wesley Bo--you are in trouble!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wes....These are truly photos.You caught us by surprise.I think I like your commentary even more.These are special times for our family and thank you for capturing the or one of the moments.I love your heart and everything you stand for.

Jessica said...

Your parents truly are special, amazing people (I miss them, pass on my greetings) ... and these photos definitely capture a lot of personality :) I'm loving the black and white!