Thursday, July 13, 2006

Have a cold one

TheFridgeB&WLoRes
"IceBox Tunes" by Wes Aldridge

FridgeLoRes
"IceBox Tunes" by Wes Aldridge

Ya know, unless you are a photographer or my brother or mighy cocktail consumer, you probably can't really grasp the true value of this photo. Not that I think it is too intelligent for the comprehension of "normal folk." It more so has to do with the extreme bizarre nature of it. This is actually a piece of slide film that I had been waiting 2 weeks to get developed. I don't think it is a masterwork by any means, but it turned out pretty cool for a piece of tungsten-balanced slide film exposed without using a light meter and light-painted with a flashlight. My brother (photo subject) and I had the great idea for this shot around 4 a.m. one morning after a long night's dance with Jackie D. and JagerBombs and lots of guitar playing. Anyway, I ended up converting this one to B&W because I think it had some nice monochromatic tones.

Ok, so I added the color slide too. I like it as well.

3 comments:

susanne said...

Wow, great shot, Wes!!! Makes me thoughtful.

The hard shadows in the face of your brother are interesting, the bottles with their shadows in the foreground as well and I love all other little details too...

Though I think I like the coloration in the other photo a bit more than B&W!

susanne said...

Thanks for posting too the second slide.
It's interesting seeing both photos together!

Anonymous said...

Wes.....Is that what you guys were doing all night in the cabin? This is too funny.