Sunday, March 26, 2006

Tone and Mood

Old Factory
"Old Factory" by Wes Aldridge

On the way back from shooting in Georgia this weekend, Matt and I saw an old factory just off the interstate in Chattanooga. We got off to explore. I like this scene that my camera found... it found many, many, many interesting scenes and compositions. Thinkin' I might actually make a print of this one and hang it in my bedroom. See, that's funny to me because I am a photographer with nothing but bare walls. Seems I just never have the time to do anything here lately. I guess that is a good thing and a bad thing, right? Busy. Back-to-back shoots coming up over the next two weeks in Louisiana and Mississippi. Tonight I want to dream about surreal landscapes on the bayou and cotton fields that I hope to see materialize in my travels over my next assignments.

By the way, shooting a new camera now. The company put a Nikon D2X in my hands. I have shot Canon for several years, but I can't say I have too many complaints about the D2X. Did I mention the color it captures is amazing? Well, it is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Photo!

Tratior

susanne said...

You really seem very busy...
...and your photo is telling an interesting story of decay and hard wintertime.
I am glad that slowly, very slowly spring comes in Germany - we've had such an incredible cold winter.