Monday, December 26, 2005

Political Humor

CripGeorgeLoRes
"My Boy Georgie" by Wes Aldridge

I was in downtown Chattanooga in the art district when I saw this little gem. It is by no means photographic genius, but it is a swell find. I don't know if our Republican visitors to "Mind of the Photographer" would agree or not. I guess you can draw what you want from this shot, it draws a gut-laugh from me.

Now, lets be serious for a moment. This is December 26th. "Mind of the Photographer" started on New Years Eve last year and I wanted to post a photo a day for a year. That goal is almost complete and it feels great. Only five more posts! Yeah! And the last post should be pretty good. I've been thinking about it for a while and we will spend a bit this week preparing for it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's right, it's almost been a year, hasn't it?

I was telling a couple of friends about your project the other day. They were impressed with the undertaking and talked about how hard it is to take a photo EVERY DAY. I assured them that you've not only done it, but also gotten some great shots.

--Jared

miss terri said...

definately democratic.

Anonymous said...

A show of real intelligence. You chose to slander the highest ranking, publically appointed government official in our nation. Remember, he has served two consecutive terms.

Photog said...

I love your work Wes, but to be honest... I'm starting to return for the 'Gretchen comments'. You two work well together. One of you is a motivated person working hard to create something new every day. The other is working to destroy something every day. It's the dichotomy of human existence played out day by day. I'm still not sold that you aren't Gretchen.

-Matt.

Anonymous said...

A show of real intelligence. He has not completed two consecutive terms yet! There is always time for impeachment!! Oh yeah by the by how did Wes slander the, often misunderestimated leader of our fair country.

Wes Aldridge said...

Its simple, Gretchen is an alter-ego or split personality of mine. She came to me in a cosmic dream and I became her. I think she was sent to me to down-grade, demean and destroy all the intense work that I have put into this site for an entire year of my life. I, more than anyone, wanted to see my self fail at this task. I wanted to fail at the blog. If I cut myself down hard enough, then surely it will force me to fail, right?

Anonymous said...

wes....this is my hero.please be a little more kind.