Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Nashville Renaissance

CreationLoRes
"The Coming Touch" by Wes Aldridge

This was an interesting surprise. I hit the intersection of Ellliston Place and 22nd Ave. and saw Michelangelo's Pizza. On the wall, you guessed it, a painting of Michelangelo's "The Creation" from the roof of the Sistine Chapel. This shot isn't a photographic masterpiece by any means, but I found the subject matter pretty odd for Nashville. I had walked around downtown for a few hours and was terribly uninspired to shoot anything. I tried hard but gave up after I really couldn't feel my icy feet anymore. On the way back to the house, I saw my shot. This one was much more about the hunt than the actual photograph.

2 comments:

Photog said...

It's sad that the 'hunt', in my opinion, one of the most rewarding feelings as a photographer can't be expressed in photographs. As for the piece itself, I love the lighting, and the non-traditional framing.

-Matt.

susanne said...

I like the meaning of that painting...