Tuesday, November 15, 2005

On Assignment; El Paso, Texas-Day Seven

BuffaloSoldierLoRes
"Buffalo Soldier" by Wes Aldridge

I stopped to eat a traditional Mexican lunch in an absolute dive-bar style restaurant today... completely authentic in every way. The food was incredible and I absolutely gouged myself on a hearty plateful of tamales, enchiladas, taquitos, rice and beans, and great chips and salsa.

After the meal, I walked outside to the rental car. I had parked next to a cemetery, so of course I wanted to go exploring. It was rundown and old, and very interesting. I walked around a bit and finally I saw this sign. "BUFFALO SOLDIER." I don't know what it means or why it was there, but here is the shot.

And now, my assignments in El Paso are finished. Back in Nashville after a nice flight delay and hellish weather during the flight. I liked El Paso, but seven days was very much enough.

No comments: