Sunday, November 13, 2005

On Assignment; El Paso, Texas-Day Five

Today I finished the non-appointment exterior photography for my El Paso assignment. I found myself on the eastern outskirts of the city. Someone had mentioned an old mission that was in the neighboring city, Socorro. By pure luck, I saw a sign that said "Texas Mission" with a big white arrow on a blue sign pointing ahead of me. I bought the ticket and took the ride. I hunted for the mission and found it. It was serene and beautiful, worthy of a couple of shots.

Socorro1LoRes
"Open Door Welcome" by Wes Aldridge

Socorro2LoRes
"Mother and Son" by Wes Aldridge

Socorro3LoRes
"View to Heaven" by Wes Aldridge

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look good Wes. You've been rockin the blog lately! Has that been in a movie?

susanne said...

Love that pics especially the simplicity in them!
And your shot yesterday was great too - very creative...

Wes Aldridge said...

Thanks guys.

Well, the blog is nearing the end... New Years Eve, the shots need to be rockin'!

As far as the movies go, Quentin Tarantino needs to stumble across it if not, right?

Anonymous said...

wes....simply awesome.The colors are so beautiful.

dad