Wednesday, October 26, 2005

On Assignment: Fishers, Indiana-Day Three

Noblesville2LoRes
"Noblesville City Hall" by Wes Aldridge

WARNING: This post contains Explicit Language and Mature Content that some readers may find offensive. If you are under 18, or are easily offended by strong content, or are simply a feeble wiener, stop reading now and just view the photograph on this post. You may find discomfort within yourself if you continue reading. Do so at the risk of your own conscience.
Thnx – The Mgmt.

-----------------------------------------------------

Today was the day from Hell. All the Forces were working against me: Nature, Man and Machine. Bastards.

The sun has only made an appearance for about 2 hours collectively this week and exterior photography has been nonexistent… thank you Nature.

There are still a handful of people that haven’t returned my phone calls to set up photo appointments after leaving some of them 7 messages… thank you Man.

And the fucking mirror locked in the exposed position on my camera today, forcing me to send it back to Canon for service and drive into Indianapolis to rent a camera for a week… thank you Machine.

I am not angry, mad, upset, enraged… none of those. Right now, I am Bitter. I think that Bitter is one of the most hateful emotions a person can feel. When people are pissed, they can get aggressions out through whatever it may be… drinks, drugs, sex, blowing something up, whatever. Pick your poison, everyone does. But you can’t kick Bitter like that. No, not a damn chance. It lives deep, down, dark and low inside you, festering and seething and trying to stealthily crawl its way to the top of everything you are. You taste it in the back of your throat and you don’t feel steaming hot, you get more of that cold, numb and disconnected feeling.

I truly almost had enough today. I almost reached that point and threw my hands up. It has been one of those weeks where everything seems to be against me. But, you know what? Fuck you. I will defeat you. You are weak and I am strong. I have come too far to give up now. Bring it on, bring more, bring everything you’ve got. My will is too strong, I will overpower you. I will succeed and laugh in your face.

Now that the psycho ranting is over, let’s blow some sunshine up our asses so everyone leaves on a high note!

Ok, so I was always taught that tomorrow brings a better day and there always has to be something good, somewhere. Well, I just saw a commercial during the World Series that excited me. It seems that Joaquin Phoenix is playing Johnny Cash in an upcoming film with Reese Witherspoon. That is awesome because I can’t explain to you how much CASH means to me. He, along with Hank Williams The First, are in my opinion two of the greatest American poets that have ever lived. There is just something magic there. I am looking forward to paying my wallet-raping-$9-fee at the local cinema to see “Walk the Line.”

Now, I just lost a Paper-Rock-Scissors Game with Evan, and we have some catching up to do and some World Series to watch.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is such a good pic as is most all your work that I have seen, but a professional such as yourself should use more professional adjectives as to enhance your hard labor. Not meaning to be critical, but helpful to your future readers ears as I see great opportunities ahead for you.

Wes Aldridge said...

I guess I wasted my time writing a disclaimer about strong language and content for this post. Thanks for your opinion, I also feel there are great opportunities ahead of me. But as far as "professional" word choice is concerned, give me a fucking break. Sometimes living in the South makes me feel like I am stuck between a Bible and a hard place. Some things that are common all over the world are taboo in this part of our country, and it burns my ass. Accepted language is one of those things, amongst many others.

THIS SITE IS NOT A PROFESSIONAL SITE.

I repeat, THIS SITE IS NOT A PROFESSIONAL SITE.

It is my hobby to do it each day, a game to entertain me. I don't get compensated for it in any way. There is no link on it to buy photography. The layout of it even looks like shit. It is an outlet for my art, feelings, thoughts, soap boxes and raving rants that people can choose to view or not even type in the URL. It doesn't matter to me. It isn't here for everyone else... it is here for me. It is a very selfish thing. I do it to challenge myself on a daily basis (as if I need to be pushed any further than the daily shit storms I deal with already)! I do it to enhance my photography, and think it is working. I do it to make my will of iron and unbreakable.

It is called the MIND OF THE PHOTOGRAPHER. It directly reflects the things that are on my mind, the photographer's mind. It isn't concerned with keeping virgin ears stitched up. It isn't here to protect those who are easily offended. It doesn't care to sensor. It is a freedom of expression both visually and through the written word. The reason I put a disclaimer in bold at the beginning of the post is because I knew someone somewhere would be offended by those dirty, dirty words. After reading the disclaimer and being informed about what you are about to read, why continue if you are going to be offended?

But, this is a form of electronic art. And some people just can't grasp some art. I mean, some people were flipped out by Oliver Stone's "Natural Born Killers," which has more murder, drug abuse, sex and using the word "fuck" than about any other movie I can think of. That was his art. He made millions and millions with all of his art. He used his strong imagery to evoke emotions in the human heart and psyche. And, it was a great satire and look into the Dark Heart's of Americans. I don't think he was too worried about offending anyone either. He leaves the freedom of choice up to you, the viewer/reader, much like I do: If you will be offended, close your eyes and don't look.

Anonymous said...

seems like you misunderstood the meaning of the words-- you--THE PROFESSIONAL-- and your blog being professional

Wes Aldridge said...

Who knows. I think professional may simply be a title that is given. Maybe I am not.