Thursday, August 18, 2005

On Assignment: Sherman, Texas-Day Four

SadStatueLoRes
"Mother In Mourning" by Wes Aldridge

Right now it is 10 p.m. on my final night in Texas. I am beyond exhausted. I had mega amounts of photography to do today. The temperature was still hovering in the mid-90's at 6:20 p.m. tonight. I ran hardcore today. I shot this entire magazine in three days, and I think it is one of my best to date. I am pretty excited about it, in all honesty.

Something I am not as excited about is I just set my wake-up call for 3 a.m. My flight leaves out of Dallas at 7 a.m. Dallas is an hour-and-a-half drive from Sherman. The rental car facility is located about 15 minutes from the airport. Factor in time to shower and gather my belongings. Then, of course, the Friday morning airport rush. After my two-and-a-half hour flight to Milwaukee, I have a four-and-a-half hour layover before I board the plane to Nashville. I should land around 3:30 p.m., if everything runs smoothly. But, as I recall on the trip down here on Monday, there were multiple flight delays and an extended layover on the majestic Midwest Airlines. Yeah, tomorrow is guaranteed to be pure and utter Hell. But when I get home, I will be more than ready for the weekend to chill out.

This shot was the product of me scampering frantically to find anything to shoot against the dusk-filled sky. I happened to be driving by a cemetery and thought some kind of monument would work for a silhouette. Here she is, sad eyes in the sky.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Hard work is good for the soul.

Wes Aldridge said...

Yup, I'll give you a call when my alarm goes off so you can share this soul strengthening experience with me in real time. Oh yeah, you'll still be asleep for another 6 hours!

susanne said...

An impressive, black silhouette in front of a beautiful coloured sky - sometimes your pics unite such polarities!
That's fascinating...

Anonymous said...

Hey Wes! Wonderful photos – as always! I especially like the crosses although it tugs at my heart strings. I'm glad the accident wasn't anything too severe ... See ya around work! ~VW