Wednesday, August 24, 2005

On Assignment: Asheville, North Carolina-Day One

FlipMirrorLoRes
"A View In The Big Truck" by Wes Aldridge

Today I drove the Coach and myself to Asheville for a shoot for a few days. We were in a huge Ford Expedition so we could carry all of our photo equipment. The drive wasn't bad at all. We had good laughs and conversation and I really enjoyed the trip.

We had finished a shoot today and were trying to figure out what the next destination was for the following shoot. The Coach and I were getting into the Expedition and we needed to make room in the vehicle for the other members of our group (that had drove to Asheville in a serparate vehicle). As we were loading in, I was sitting at the helm of the Expedition and had noticed earlier that a drop-down wide-angle mirror was in the roof of the vehicle. I popped it down and took a semi-self portrait and group shot with my 50mm lens at f/1.8.. I like it. Sybil is scheduling something for the trip on her cell phone in the background and the Coach is being straight-up chill with his shades on in the passenger seat. It was simply a true moment in our present reality.

I feel good about this trip and the group we are with. I think things are really working together and feel like an important part of a team on this assignment. It is a stark contrast to the normal photo shoots we do out on the road all alone. It is great to be with another photographer, who is pretty damn good, and assist on his portrait shoots and learn the mannerisms of his photography. I think this trip will be a great expansion and enhancement for my photographic skills... and it also looks to be some fun too.

1 comment:

susanne said...

A nice view in your truck...busy reality...