Thursday, June 23, 2005

On Assignment: Columbia, Tennessee-Day One

TerrorFaceLoRes
"Face of Fear" by Wes Aldridge

I shot this because it worked at this particular moment in time. I was searching for a "secret garden" at the James K. Polk house in Columbia, Tennessee. I found it. These old marble statues stood in the garden with plants growing all around them. There was something mysterious to it all.

The way the shadows fell over this statue's face was almost haunting. The damage the weather had done to it added an even more chilling effect. I thought it was cool. I like to find fear inside myself about things that are unknown.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wes....this is truly an unusual picture.this is a strange face.it shows me fear,innocents,and beauty all at the same time.it is however lovely.

dad

Jessica said...

Beautiful shot. We need to go shoot together again sometime soon.

susanne said...

I like both so very much: the pic and your narrative...