Saturday, May 14, 2005

Water Like Chromium

ChromeWaterLoRes
"Drops and Ripples" by Wes Aldridge

This is a simple shot of raindrops hitting a puddle of water during a May time shower. I enjoy observing Nature in all her eloquent beauty. Even when the day seems nasty and the weather turns dark, gray and rainy, she is still gorgeous and radiant.

My original idea when I was shooting this shot was to try and catch a raindrop at the time of impact of it hitting the water. Then, I noticed something different: the patterns in the ripple effect of the water puddle. This was the shot.

I bumped my film speed up to 800 at f/4.0 with a 1/2000th of a second shutter speed to precisely stop the action I saw in the frame.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

What a cool shot! Way to step it up ... the last few days have produced some excellent photographs and very eloquent, thought-provoking narratives. I'm proud of you.

Anonymous said...

wes...nice picture.beautiful color and nice reflections.There is just something about the rain.

dad

Anonymous said...

Wes,
I think that this is one of the most beautiful photos that I have ever seen. I just cannot seem to take my eyes off of it...
Good work, my friend.
-Brandi