Wednesday, May 25, 2005

On Assignment: Cowlitz Co., Washington-Day Six

MtStHelensLoRes
"On the Dock" by Wes Aldridge

After my weather-screwed trip to Mt. St. Helens on Sunday afternoon, it was time to head back out there today to grab a few shots for the magazine. As you can see, it was a clear day. This is a lake along the 54 mile, 1 hour and 45-minute drive to Mt. St. Helens from Castle Rock, Washington. I even think I grabbed a few options for the magazine cover while I was out there.

Now, for the shot. I watched the guy in the white T-shirt hang the small boat on the dock and I waited for him to walk back to the mainland. I just thought he would add another cool reflective element to the shot. Seems like I have been shooting quite a few reflective surfaces up here in the Pacific Northwest. Go figure, lots of calm, still water and plenty of beauty surrounding it.

Today was extremely long. I didn’t finish shooting at a little league game until 9:45 p.m. and I have a portrait time set with a local DJ at 7 a.m., grrrrrr… I am pretty worn down and the sunburn I’ve collected from cruising with the roof down in the Sebring has drained me too. I love it up here in this part of the country, but I think I am about ready to get back home to Nashville and rest for a little while. I am definitely looking forward to the Memorial Day holiday on Monday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

a real uplifting photo--thanks so much for all the beauty you capture and share--love it all--fa

Anonymous said...

Wes I am so happy that you have found something that you are so good at and seem to love so much. Who would have thought that you would become such an outdoorsman. Well thank you for sharing your little pieces of beauty with me

Crystal Akins

Anonymous said...

wes....this is beyond my imagination or wildest dreams.the beauty of Gods' creation can not be captured by film,but thanks for taking me there.


dad