Wednesday, May 11, 2005

The Dark Pathway

EscalatorLoRes
"Joyful Dreams" by Wes Aldridge

I was walking down the wooded path and I stumble upon a sitting stool made of gleaming white marble. I had walked long and hard and thought my body would appreciate a little rest for a moment. As I approached the stool, there read the above inscription: "In a dream you saw a way to survive and you were full of joy."

I walk the wooded path each day, long and hard and toilsome. I stumble and fall. The journey is tedious and my head falls down low. My head bows down and my eyes lose track of the sunshine above the treeline and shadows begin to fall. Times are bleak, and then, I see it in the distance. A little white stool shining bright in the dim forest light. It must surely be a dream. A place to rest for a moment in time, where life can stand still or pass you by and it is all the same. And joy fills me, the much needed joy. Who knows how long it will last, but then again, who cares? It is time to keep walking through that dark forest, as shadows fall, and hope for another gleaming white stool of marble.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have always had a way with words--but our pathway can almost always be joyful, when we choose the right pathways, sometimes we stumble because we are looking down instead of up from whence our strength come-- sometimes we think we can do all things by ourselves-----------WE--do not always know the best--WE make things hard for ourselves by choice--sometimes the wrong choices--still we make them. I really like the pic today and your words of inner being--WE all need solitude to clear our minds!!-keep trudging own--it is in you--how well - I - know!!!!-fa

Anonymous said...

Ummmm okay I have pretended that a lot of your pictures are not something that I showed you, but come on Wes ... that picture is one I have already shot when I was in high school!! I sold it to my step mother's friend when her husband passed away and it is hanging in her house ... you're not the 1st to shoot that I guess is what I am saying ... ERS