Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Carnton Plantation

CarntonPlantationLoRes
"The Gardens" by Wes Aldridge

Today I was assigned to shoot at the historic Carnton Plantation in Franklin, Tenn. The grounds consisted of a plantation house complete with a smokehouse and slave quarters. Also, there is a great garden. That is where this shot came from. I was walking through it trying to find a shot and I looked up and saw this great pattern. I had to shoot.

The sunspot was great to capture and I love the lens flare it made diagonally in the right hand corner of the shot. A high shutter speed gave me the shadow of the wooden beam structure in the garden and allowed me to shoot virtually directly into the sun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tidbit about Carnton (if I am not mistaken): During one of the wars ... not sure which one because let's be honest I don't know a whole lot about them - BUT the house was used as a hospital for the wounded soldiers and they would throw the body parts that they had to cut off out the window ... just ya know in case you are interested. Also Carnton is one of my mom's clients ... not sure what she does for them but yeah.