Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Think and Shoot Quick


"Green Bud" by Wes Aldridge

So, I am sitting at my desk and 4:30 p.m. is rolling around. After a day full of dreadful storming, the sun started to break free from the blustery clouds over head. I itched to grab my camera and make a mad dash for the door beside my desk. The world had come to life for the first time today and it was beautiful and I wanted to be a part of it.

My boss could tell that one more minute for me in the office would have drove me mad. It was time to play a game, one that I love. He asked, "You want me to give you an assignment for your blog?"

With an over-eager lust permeating from me, I stared at him with excited eyes and said, "yes."

He told me to go outside, no farther than 100-feet from where I am sitting at my desk and find my shot. Without any reply from me, I lifted from my seat with camera in tow and walked quickly through the door to the beauty our day had become. I looked for only seconds and the shot above caught my eye... and it was only about 40-feet from my point of assignment. I snapped about four frames and knew this was my shot and walked back in the office in less than two minutes from when I walked out.

I can't explain to you how exciting it is to be constrained and to be forced to figure out a shot in a cramped situation. It completes my photographic lust for adventure. The pressure motivates me to accell and I feel an amazing high in times like these. Even something as simple as my "assignment" and the shot I found, it makes me feel stellar to pull through with something cool to share from it.

2 comments:

susanne said...

Great pic! Light and colours are beautiful. I like all photos of flowers I've seen here till now.
Your new photo is interesting too. You are just "shooting"?

Anonymous said...

wes...interesting pic.I can't tell what this reminds me of.What kind of flower is this anyway?

dad