Tuesday, April 19, 2005

On Assignment: Niagara Falls, New York-Day Three


"NY Gulls" by Wes Aldridge

Today was another magnificent day for photography, and my life in general. Nothing particularly special happened, I just know how fortunate I am to travel and shoot photographs for a salary. It was a whirlwind adventure, in and out fast. Now time has come to head back to NashVegas.

I miss New York already as I sit in the Buffalo-Niagara Airport munching on some city name-sake "Buffalo" wings as I hack away at the blog. Time is drawing closer to departure on the big red, gold and blue bird to Baltimore and then on to Nashville.

This shot was done on the banks of the Niagara River. It shows a somewhat primal aggressive side of seagulls, general what I consider as gentle creatures. The sounds they made were like women shreiking and chilled your blood. I got in as close as I could, without scaring the little birds into flight, and squeezed off a few frames while they were making their strange noises.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wes---this scene reminds me of a comedian by the name of Red Skelton. HE was a little before your time.He had a skit where he portrayed two sea gulls.One was named Heathcliff and I can't recall the other ones name,but it was hilarious.Good clean fun.Once again,thanks for the memories.

DAD