Thursday, April 21, 2005

Natchez Over 96


"On the Bridge" by Wes Aldridge

Tonight was beautiful. It was an adventure. Jess and I were in search of photos, and we found them. We drove to historic downtown Franklin and squeezed off a few frames, then it was a race against the setting sun en route to Leiper's Fork. I just hadn't found the shot I was looking for yet, so off to Natchez Trace Parkway we went.

This shot was taken from the bridge on the Parkway overlooking Highway 96. I didn't have my tripod with me and I wanted to do a long exposure to get streaking headlights that contoured the motion of the cars in the road. So, I found a way to balance my camera on the railing of the bridge to steady it and I made a 30 second exposure at f/22 to get the entire frame in focus. The headlights and taillights made a great design and the motion looks like it goes on forever.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You cursed me ... I now have a pinched nerve in my right shoulder :( Nice pic ... seems like I've taken you there before en route to Leiper's ... just an observation.

susanne said...

Like a "string of light"...
Very good pic! It gives me a feeling of dynamic too.

Anonymous said...

i think what i always find most amazing about your shots is the creativity and risk that you exert in order to get them just right.
i love it. aj