Saturday, April 16, 2005

Frisbee Time


"Thrown" by Wes Aldridge

Tonight Thaxton Ward played a great rock show at the Rivers and Spires Festival in Clarksville, Tennessee. After the show during breakdown, the elusive Mr. Carter decided to throw the frisbee around... and I thought it would be cool to shoot.

Because it was very dark, I had to shoot at ISO 400. I slowed the shutter down to about 1/25th of a second to catch the motion of the frisbee in flight and give it the cool trail through the air. I hit Carter with a little flash from my 550EX to give him a little luminescence and to stop his motion and make his figure look solid.

2 comments:

susanne said...

If the core of the matter is lost,
you can use
the rest
as a magical frisbee...
...but
don't forget
your dark sunglasses,
the moon could blind your eyes...

Anonymous said...

wes....neat shot.I like the motion of the frisbee being caught by the lenses of your camera.You made time stand still.Keep on keeping on.

dad