Wednesday, March 30, 2005

On Assignment: Licking County, Ohio-Day Two


"One Big Easter Bunny" by Wes Aldridge

Alright, when I see a seven story Easter basket, you know its going on the blog. This is an official headquarters for a place called Longaberger. This is an office building full of people doing real jobs under real deadlines for real salaries.

I think I would have to huff helium to walk into a place like that each day and "work." Wow, that would totally be like living in a comic strip. I honestly almost ran off the road laughing when I saw that big yellow sucker.

This is a pretty cool shot because of the reflection. No reason to go into the details of the settings. I just metered for the light, and that was that.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Wes, Can you imagine telling someone directions to where you work and saying -Oh it looks like a giant basket- how can you not have a good day working in a building like that? Great picture! Nic

Anonymous said...

One of my very best friends is a distributor of Longaberger, she has never mentioned this before, I am sure that she has plenty pics like this,but not one from you. I can only imagine what you thought!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

wes... that is an amazing photo!!! that is a perfect pic for your blog.also,very timely because of the time of year.dad

Jessica said...

Man, while you're out there taking photos of fun stuff like giant baskets, I'm in a cubicle. Every day, all day. Your job is so much cooler than mine, you suck :P No but seriously, the blog shots have been great of late. I can't wait to see more of Licking County (it's funny to say, funny to hear, and even funnier to read!)

Anonymous said...

Hey Wes! Your Mom just sent me this photo! Great Job! If you have time stop in and meet Tami and Rachel Longaberger and see the inside of the building! Everyone working there loves it! Also, stop in downtown Dresden and take a photo of the World's Largest Basket, have a burger at POPEYES and drive by LONGABERGER UNIVERSITY and enjoy this quaint little town! As you are driving along all of the property that has the white fencing is Longaberger land. Go see the Longaberger Golf Course, too! I have been selling Longaberger since 1995 and collecting since 1988.....I have been where you are many times!

I am Geri (Hill) Meuschke, a friend of your Mother's since 5th grade and Michelle Hill's Aunt Geri. Remember me??? Enjoy your time in OHIO!

Anonymous said...

the aforenamed person called Michelle, you remember as Teresa.

Wes Aldridge said...

Wow. Now that is what I call a blast from the past. Hope all is well. Thanks for posting and keep on coming back!