Saturday, January 22, 2005

Moonlight Dancing


"Roundabout" by Wes Aldridge

This is the $1.1 million statue, "Musica," that sits on the Music Row roundabout, just out from downtown. I remember when it was unveiled and all the controversy that surrounded a "naked" statue and how it offended some people since it was in public view. I find that hysterical. For someone to even think of art as "naked" or "non-naked," wow, pretty low level thinking going on there.

Well, this shoot was the first time that I have ever taken the time to stop and look at "Musica" for what it was worth. All the media hype just turned me away from even wanting to look at it. So, today I went and took a look at it at dusk... and there you have it.


2 comments:

... said...

hiya...fantastic pic. not only the media hype discouraged me to check out 'musica,' all the stupid construction on the street did, too. wasn't fun when people were cutting me off as i was trying to head to my internship. anyway, again that's a beautiful shot, and i'm jealous that you captured it and not i! have a good one....

Wes Aldridge said...

I'm not sure who you are, but would like to? Sorry, don't mean to be rude.